Work at Home Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Donate to WAHS
Dear WAHS Members,
Any donations will help support this forum and it's upkeep!
All of your donations will guarantee the continuity and the quality of this forum.
When you donate $5 or more, you banner will be listed under our SPONSORS section for 2 months!

Please Visit Our Sponsors

(Jan 6)

(Jan 6)Photobucket

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Latest topics
» HAPPY BIRTHDAY Carrie!!
work at home schedule EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 3:36 am by insikman

» Freelance from Home - Guaranteed Incomes (14381)
work at home schedule EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 3:24 am by insikman

» hi from phils
work at home schedule EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 3:20 am by insikman

» FreeCoffeeSite.com
work at home schedule EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 2:31 pm by Carrie

» Free OhShot.com t-shirt
work at home schedule EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 2:27 pm by Carrie

» Free Bayer Heart Safe Asprin Pill Tone
work at home schedule EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 2:23 pm by Carrie

» Free Native American Note Cards, Writing Pads and Address Labels
work at home schedule EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 2:21 pm by Carrie

» 2009 Pocket Planner
work at home schedule EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 2:20 pm by Carrie

» Free Silver Jewelry
work at home schedule EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 5:00 pm by Carrie

work at home schedule

3 posters

Go down

work at home schedule Empty work at home schedule

Post by accomplishedmom Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:19 pm

WOW. I have not been doing this really very long at all and i do my biz part time as i am still in the corporate world...... Does anyone else find it frustrating to have children, a husband, probably pets, i do, and a job, and a work at home (would love to make it full at home) and figure out how to have the time to do the biz, i am committing to two hours an evening, and 5 hours on Saturday or Sunday just depending on the actvities the kids have.
I really like the business I am working and as most home biz the products are really great.
I may even start working it on my breaks and lunch at work, the good thing is when i have extra vacation hours i sometimes take that to work my biz harder!
well, jsut rambling mostly.... any ideas anyone?
accomplishedmom
accomplishedmom

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-10-13

http://www.AccomplishedMom.com

Back to top Go down

work at home schedule Empty Re: work at home schedule

Post by AmandaWithMotivatedMoms Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:41 am

I work from home as well, and it's really easy to let the business take over your life (mainly because you are excited, want to get going, start building and make serious money right?) But it's very important to set a schedule for yourself and stick to it. Make sure to stick to this schedule.

For example,
When I first wake up, I get my 19 month old set up with breakfast in her high chair, I check my emails, check Myspace messages, check Facebook messages, send friend request on both.
Playtime. Then she usually has a nap 10am-1130am. So that is when I'll make my first calls. Lunch.
After lunch I will do calls while she plays on her own. Or sometimes I don't do any at all until her next nap around 230pm.
4pm-630pm I do not work my business, that is supper time, bath time for my daughter, relax, clean.
She goes to bed 730pm. So then I make calls 8pm, 9pm and sometimes 10pm. Depending on what time zone my clients live in.

I don't work weekends.

This may not seem like a lot - but with my business that I'm in, I only need 30-45 minutes to meet new possible customer, I give presentation about products, services, and business building. Then help set up their membership. I don't sell products or take orders or anything. I just get paid for referring new customers.

The big upside to this - when I call clients and they say, can you call me Saturday afternoon? I say no, sorry, I dont' work weekends. And then they realize - wow she really does make her own hours.

So sit with your family and make a schedule. Figure out your business building activities, give time for each activity and stick to it.

So for example, if I am adding friends on Myspace for 8am-830am, that's all I do, I don't get sidetracked.

Good luck!

AmandaWithMotivatedMoms

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by WAHMof4 Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:02 am

Yes , I agree that you have to have a set schedule especially when you work from home! Its so easy to be distracted with housework and such but you really have to committ to you business consistently each and everyday!

sunny
WAHMof4
WAHMof4
Admin

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-10-15

http://www.WhyDriveToWork.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down